top of page
  • Writer's pictureMike Gallagher

Ellensburg Community Morning Show, Tuesday, Oct. 10



Learn to observe

The Kittitas County Auditor’s office is holding election observer training for the Nov. 7 General Election at 10 a.m., today, at the Elections Center in the basement of the Kittitas County Courthouse. Ballots for the General Election will be mailed on Oct. 17.

Blasts at the pass this week

Interstate 90 rock blasting closures are scheduled for today and Thursday. The closure starts at 5:45 p.m. near Easton in both directions. The work is expected to take about an hour.

County commissioners to meet in Easton

The Kittitas County commissioners will hold a town hall meeting in Easton at 4 p.m., Wednesday in the Easton School Multi-purpose room. A question-and-answer period will follow a presentation made by the commissioners.

Putting the piece together

The Ellensburg Library’s Jigsaw Puzzle Competition is at 6 p.m., Wednesday, at Hal Holmes Community Center. The competition will be between 10 two-member teams working 10 exact sets of a 500-piece puzzle. There are awards for best costume, slowest puzzler and best dance moves.

Music at Old Skool’s on Wednesday

Birdie Feen Cent and Emme Danner will perform at Old Skool’s at 7 p.m., Wednesday. This is an all-ages event with entry by donation.

Golfing for a cause

Give and Golf, Suncadia’s annual fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity is at 10 a.m., Thursday at the Rope Rider course. Registration information is available on the Kittitas County Habitat for Humanity website.

Learn about fire prevention

The Cle Elum Fire Department is holding a Fire Prevention Open House at 4 p.m., Thursday at the fire department. There will be hot dogs, lemonade, fire prevention information and a showing of the movie “Elemental” at 6 p.m.

Gathering candidate information

The League of Women Voters of Kittitas County is distributing questionnaires to candidates seeking office in the Nov. 7 General Election. It will post the interviews on Oct. 16 on the league’s YouTube Channel.

Fundraiser supports breast cancer awareness

The city of Ellensburg is holding a luminary fundraiser to support breast cancer awareness at 6 p.m., Oct. 26. Information on how to sponsor a luminary bag is on the city of Ellensburg’s website.

Transfer station scaled down for a couple of months

The Cle Elum Transfer Station will be down to one scale through Dec. 21 due to construction. There may be delays when visiting the station.

New dean of Central Washington University Libraries hired

Sydney Thompson has been hired as Central Washington University’s Dean of Libraries. Thompson has been serving as interim dean since July 2022. Thompson is a Washington state native who earned her master’s degree in library services at Queens College in New York.

Mountain Ale Festival set for Saturday

The Roslyn Mountain Ale Festival is from 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday in the Roslyn Yard. The event features breweries from throughout the Pacific Northwest and music by the Grit City Band. Tickets and event information is available online from the Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce’s website. This is a 21-plus event.

Start your Saturday with a partial solar eclipse

A partial solar eclipse will be visible in this region at 8:07 a.m., Saturday and will continue through 10:39 a.m.


Kittitas-Cle Elum face off in volleyball

In high school sports today, the Ellensburg soccer hosts Grandview at 4 p.m., and the Bulldogs volleyball team welcomes Othello at 6:30 p.m. The Cle Elum-Roslyn soccer team hosts Granger at 6 p.m., and the Warriors volleyball team faces travels to play county-rival Kittitas at 6:30 p.m.


The FISH Open Table lunch is roast turkey, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, a dinner roll and nectarines. The lunch is open to all seniors age 60-plus from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., in Ellensburg, and noon to 1 p.m., in Cle Elum. Meal sites are the Ellensburg Open Table and the Cle Elum Seventh-day Adventist Church. The community lunch for anyone needing a hot meal is from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Ellensburg location.


The forecasted high today in Ellensburg is 59 degrees. Sunset is at 6:24 p.m., and the expected nighttime low is 43 degrees. Winds will be from 5 to 10 mph. There is a 40 percent chance of rain during the day and 60 percent at night.

11 views0 comments
bottom of page